Continuing the successful staging of an array of Indonesian cultures during the Indonesia Galore and Papua Week last March and June at the ASEAN-Japan Centre in Tokyo, Japan,Indonesia will again hold a series of cultural and tourism events for the coming five days from6-10 July 2015.
Bringing the theme : Minangkabau, the people and culture of West Sumatra, the event is open to the public. Comprising a photo exhibition of West Sumatra by Edy Utama, photographs display the fascinating Nature and Culture of the Minangkabau. The event will furthermore include:
– A Musical Performance by Kuri (Katsu & Miho) who will play Minang rhythms on traditional Japanese musical instruments
– Delicious Padang Culinary presentations complemented with a variety of aromatic Indonesian Coffee
– A Tourism Seminar on Travel in West Sumatra
– A Cultural Seminar on the Minangkabau with Indonesian and Japanese speakers
– A Photo corner where visitors can dress up and take photos in the resplendent Minang costumes .
– And Media networking
At the same time a Sales Mission Team comprising Indonesian Travel agents of the Indonesian Tour and Travel Agencies Association, ASITA, will be in Tokyo from 6th to 7th July to meet Japanese tour operators. The Mission is supported by the Ministry of Tourism.
Meanwhile, Nofa Tsukada of the Indonesia-Japan Association welcomes the staging of the Minangkabau Week and hopes that more such events will be heldin Tokyo in order that the Japanese may get to know other attractive destinations in Indonesia besides the world-famous island of Bali.
The Minangkabau Week is supported by the Indonesian Embassy in Japan.